Sunday, October 10, 2010

Stuck in a Sweet Spot

Wow, what a wonderful few days! Yesterday I started having "twitches" above my lip, in fact my lip was "stuck" in a "snarl" position on and off all day. Now, while many of you would be frustrated with such an event, I was thrilled. It means face muscle #4 (out of 19) is slowly returning!!! I have been "twitching" all day today, too, and I couldn't be happier! Today I can celebrate with laughter and joy, but yesterday I celebrated with tears. It is so emotional to continue to see miracles in my life, all these months later. Oh, wow, today is 18 months exactly since my diagnosis. Amazing to see how much life can change in such a short time. Hooray for continued miracles!

After a wonderful, but busy day yesterday, I fell right to sleep last night and slept for 10 hours. I woke up and felt GREAT! It was amazing, and I have felt good all day today. I have decided that 10 hours is my "sweet spot". If only I could get 10 good hours a night, I would be in great shape every day. :)

That is obviously not realistic (though I still shoot for it), and some days it is very hard to get out of bed and function when my body is acting against me. But, that is the point of life, isn't it? It is when we get up and make the best of the day, even when we don't feel like it, that we are truly living life!

4 comments:

wjmom said...

My body is covered in goose bumps, there's a huge lump in my throat. The miracles just keep coming. Thanks to God, and hooray for you!!! (And many more exclamation points!!!!!)

Leah Ketchum said...

I am SO happy for you! Love you Jodi!

Ogden Family said...

It is amazing how life gives us little glimmers of hope to keep our light alive. I am so excited for you and your family.
Heather

Debbie Rhoads said...

Congratulations! I'm excited to hear the good news. Hopefully things continue at a good pace. Love you!!

Deb