Wednesday, May 26, 2010

. . . . . . Weather Woes and Contest Countdown

I have a new friend you may soon meet. It is a new eye patch that has been waiting in the wings to enjoy a little "get to know you" time. Well, the windy weather has afforded us just such an occasion to spend some quality time to acquaint ourselves a little better.

My current patch friend is one bejeweled by my sweet Lindi. I am grateful for the break it gives my eye, though because of its "newness", the elastic is tight on my head and causes me to sprout headaches galore. Yesterday I wore it much of the day, as the wind was not so friendly to me. By evening, my head hurt in a familiar, but sad sort of way.

Today I felt renewed and excited for another day, but a few hours working in my yard has already taken a toll. Ahh, at least the air is warm and the blossoms are dancing outside for my good eye to enjoy!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just an FYI, I will be picking a winner for the Salt Lake Bees contest tomorrow morning, so make sure to hurry and enter (leave a comment or send me an email) if you want to be included in the drawing!