Thursday, July 29, 2010

. . . . . . Countdown to Surgery

6 Days and counting...

Will it really work? This time next week, will I be able to blink?? Will I regain the freedoms I lost nearly 15 months ago when my face was paralyzed after my brain surgery? Will I be free from the headaches, pressure and vision problems? Will I be able to drive again? Will I be able to go outside and play with my children? Will I be able to go swimming, take a shower or play in the rain? Will I be able to stick my head out the window and let the wind blow in my face? Will I finally be free from my eye patches? Will I be able to sit under a hairdryer at the hair salon? Will I be able to go out in the sunlight? Will I be able to work outside and not be impacted by my eye? Will I regain my depth perception? Will I really be able to see the world again? Is it really possible?

Though I still overwhelmed with working out all the details for our trip next week, I cannot help but have high hopes and great expectations for the results of my upcoming procedure. I have come so far in the last year, this feels like one of the last big steps to truly recovering and becoming me again!!!

Tonight, when you thank God for your blessings, please remember to tell Him how grateful you are that you can blink! It may seem like a small thing, but even God's small masterpieces are far more powerful and important than we realize!

3 comments:

Brandon Rhoads said...

OK Jodi, Tolan took me out for lunch earlier this week and I am suppose to be mentioned on the Blog correct? I love having the Brown family owing us!!! We are excited and honored we can help watch the kids. Our kids are totally excited.

wjmom said...

Small miracles, indeed! You continue to be in my prayers daily. I can hardly wait to hear/see the outcome!

Anonymous said...

This is it--the big answer to your eye blinking prayer--I just know it will be Yes, you can blink again.