Wednesday, January 13, 2010

. . . . . . . Keeping Up with the Kids!

Yesterday was a truly remarkable day! Actually, to anyone else, it probably wouldn't seem like anything but "normal", but that was the part that was so wonderful. It was a very "pre-tumor" normal sort of day. :)

I got up early to make the kids their favorite blueberry muffins for breakfast, then after I got ready, I decided to be ambitious and get cookin'. So, Casen, Daven and I got out all the ingredients and made 3 pans of lasagna, one for dinner, 2 for the freezer. The boys had a blast helping on this one. Casen cooked all the meat and Daven helped me spread the meat and cheese layers on the pasta noodles. They were great helpers.

As a reward for their excellent help, we went to our favorite children's musuem, the Treehouse Museum. We played (hard!) for 2 hours, then I dropped Casen off at preschool. Daven and I came home for lunch and I did some work for a few hours. Next I picked up the big kids from school and we came home and did homework together.

We had our lasagna, plus garlic bread, beans and a fresh "green" smoothie for dinner and I made chocolated bliss cookies for dessert. Then we really got busy and spent 2 hours making some toys out of yarn and plastic bags. This was our version of Maori Poi balls, which we saw at the Polynesian Cultural Center in Hawaii. They turned out great (the second pair better than the first) so now all the kids have their own set.

By the time we finished it was bedtime for everyone, so all the kids went to bed and Tolan and I followed a short time later.

See, totally normal. But the remarkable part was that I was able to "keep up" and keep going all day long! No breaks, rests or stops the whole day, and yet I had energy and felt good! No headaches, pain or problems! What a tremendous blessing!

Everywhere I go, people continue to remark on how much I have improved in such a short period of time. Yesterday made it evident that the healing is happening to me as a whole, not just my paralysis and physical struggles. I am so grateful for that wonderful, remarkable, normal day! :)

6 comments:

carolyn said...

I am HAPPY you and the kids had a GREAT day yesterday and you were able to keep up with them the entire day. I need your energy boost!! I cannot seem to keep up with my energizer daughter..I fell asleep on the couch for 40 minutes yesterday as she kept wanting me to play with her! It must be my age factor! I'm no spring chicken anymore! LOL Savannah loves the poi balls she sees at the PCC. I've seen mini ones that I want to make for our 2010 decorations for the Christmas tree. You are an inspiration to me and countless of others, too. Have a SUPER GREAT day today!!! Lots of alohas and hugs, Carolyn

britt said...

that is awesome! so wonderful to hear you had a NORMAL day. hope this is the beginning to many more to come :)

Unknown said...

That's awesome Jodi! Maybe you need to pass a little of your energy my way. You did more than I did yesterday, so YES you are making huge progress. I am so happy for you. Love, Annette

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is so cool. I am so happy for you. Maybe we should bottle some Hawaii, and market it. Looking at you sunday, and then reading about your wednesday... Could work out nicely!
Last night before bed Aub still is praying for you..(and Jason) She even said that she apreciated God for fixing a lot of your problems. So that was nice... (he he) I am still convinced God and Jesus ignore us adults to go listen to a child pray. It is so sincere, and from the heart. Wishing you a wonderful rest of the week. And don't overdo it.... Keep taking good care of yourself...! love yah!

Anonymous said...

I don't think doing all of that has ever been my "normal." Hmmm...I guess I need to get crackin. I am glad you had such a good day!

Perla said...

oh, jodi, i am sooo happy to hear you had a normal day and are continuing to recover so well! love you!