Friday, April 16, 2010

. . . . . . .Little Miracles and Big Victories

Yesterday I got brave and did something I haven't yet done since I've been out of the hospital. It was a glorious spring day and I wanted to go for a walk with the boys. I planned on a little walk around the neighborhood, but they wanted to walk to the park for lunch. I didn't even "wonder" if I could do it, I just knew I could!

So, we loaded their wagon with lunch goodies and I pulled them to the park! There is a "big" hill that leads to the park and I had to huff and puff my way up the hill. At times I doubted if the idea was a sane one. As my steps slowed and my breathing increased, Daven and Casen started cheering me on the rest of the way! “You can do it, Mom. We’re almost there!”

As we finally turned into the park, they cheered, "You did it! Yeah!" Such little miracles, but such big victories!

We stayed at the park for 2 hours, and we got to visit with some good friends who happened to be there at the same time! As an unplanned reward, our local Chic-Fil-A showed up and gave out free chicken sandwiches for lunch. Wow, what a fun day!

When we left, I pulled the wagon and dropped Casen off at preschool before heading home with Daven. My legs and body were tired and sore when I got home, but it felt wonderful!! Hooray for all the little miracles we each have in our lives! What are your little miracles??? :)

3 comments:

britt said...

I would have loved to join you...if we still lived in the neighborhood :(
Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Awesome!! Great Job!
-Amber

Anonymous said...

Sooo cool! Hooray! Indeed all the little miracles... They sure do make ones life a good thing....