Saturday, August 7, 2010

. . . . . . . Home again, home again

We pulled into our comfy Riverdale home at 1:15 this morning, after a long drive home yesterday. We slept in late this morning and I'd like to say that I am feeling great today, but instead I feel hammered. I feel truly blessed and I believe the Lord (and all of your prayers) sustained me over the last 2 days, and now my body knows it can rest for a bit.

So, honestly, today I feel like I've been hit by a truck, not a big semi or anything, maybe just a small lightweight. Still, I need to rest, rest, rest. But, the best part is I can close my eye! I am so overwhelmed by this simple action, I cry when I think about it! what a tremendous blessing!!

We had such a whirlwind week, I honestly cannot believe we made it through everything, drive to CA, surgery, three big trips into LA ans Beverly Hills, the funeral and the drive home, all in 4.5 days. Tolan is amazing and took care of all of us.

There are so many beautiful pictures and stories from the funeral, but they will have to wait til I have more energy to post them. For now, here are a few pics of my eye.

Right after surgery, before too much swelling had set in. Looks pretty good, all things considered.

The swelling is going down today, but the bruising under the eye is setting in. Still, good progress...and I CAN BLINK!!! (It will be better once the swelling goes down.)

Thank you again for all your support and prayers!

4 comments:

Kristine said...

I'm so happy for you!! You're very brave and I'm so glad that the surgery seems successful so far. Go blink! :)

Jackie Dillard said...

I'm glad you guys have made it back home safe and sound! And I'm so excited for you that the surgery went well and you're doing well! Yea!!! Rest lots and continue healing and feeling better!!! :)

Flints Facts said...

So glad you are home safe and able to blink!!! Continue to heal and get some well needed rest...you continue to be in my thoughts and prayers!!!

Lots of love and hugs!!!

wjmom said...

I'm so grateful everything went so well.

Your husband is a hero, for sure!

Rest, rest, rest!