Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Fall Leaves...

Fall leaves behind the warmth of summer, the sun penetrating through my skin and into my body. Fall leaves late nights with kids playing outside until the sky becomes dark and little bodies become tired. Fall leaves children running through the sprinklers, jumping in cool pools and swimming until dusk. Fall leaves green trees, blooming gardens and flower baskets hanging from back porches.


All of these things fall leaves behind, but fall leaves bring us a whole new world of color, majesty, rainbows and life! I love fall colors and was excited when Tolan's parents, Larry and Kay, invited me and the kids (plus cousin Rheanna Brown) to go on a scenic drive and picnic to Snowbasin (ski resort) up Ogden Canyon. Because of the "late" fall, many of the leaves hadn't changed color yet, but when we arrived at Snowbasin, in the cool shadows of the mountain, the colors emerged! We had a fun picnic together with Grandma and Grandpa and enjoyed the crisp air and cornucopia of colors! A beautiful family night activity!









For me, fall also leaves behind summer days in the hospital and at home in bed and brings a new prospect of better days ahead. Yes, I am still struggling, but thanks to all my wonderful friends and family, I know I will have the help I need, even if I don't like to ask. :) Headaches and body aches may persist, but life is still becoming more colorful every day.
Just this weekend, I discovered yet another facial muscle has started to move! And, after 4 months of not having my nose work, it suddenly started to work again on Saturday! (By working, I mean it started to "run", which may not sound fun to some, but since I have not had any use of it at all for months now, having my nose run was a big accomplishment!)
So, as much as fall leaves, it also brings, and for that I will always be grateful. Thank you to the many caring friends who emailed or called me, concerned about me after my last post. You are the colors that fill my life with rainbows and I love you all!

6 comments:

Perla said...

what a beautiful post, jodi! i remember the spring of 2006 as being one SO full of hope after a very dark and long fall and winter. it is nice to have these season changes, sometimes, to use as a kind of spring board towards renewal. lots of love and prayers to you!

by the way, could casen and lindi come play on thursday or friday since school is out?

wjmom said...

Jodi, this is one of the most beautiful things I've ever read. Thank you for continuing to share your life, your learning, and your love.

Anonymous said...

Love reading from you...was worried since it had been a while, and your last post made me hope you were o.k.
I am such a summer person. But am trying very hard to enjoy the moment. Find good in all the seasons, and apreciate them. Thanks for reminding me....

Carolyn said...

Jodi, fall is the most beautiful time of year as it is nice to see the season changing. I am glad you got the chance to go up into the canyon and enjoy nature's cornupica of colors. I miss those times of year. I've moved from one tropical state to another. It is becoming cooler in Hawaii now. Enjoy having your parents on the mainland. Have a wonderful conference weekend...can't wait to hear the spoken words of our wonderful church leaders. Love,

Carolyn and family

Anonymous said...

Jodi, glad you've made a small improvement! You're handling this so well. Keep up the positive attitude. We're still praying for you.
Holly

britt said...

You guys are always going on such fun outings!
thanks for the inspiring and enjoyable insight. YOU never stop amazing me :)