Friday, November 6, 2009

Shadow Dancing & Celebrating

I feel so blessed to have had such a good week! My physical body still has struggles, but my spirit is stronger than ever before. I know that the challenges will continue, but I am at the point where I truly appreciate my time here and the moments that make life worth living! If you haven't checked it out yet, go to this blog and see the article about this last crazy year of my life! This is why I am so grateful for each good moment! http://theveedaweekly.blogspot.com

Yesterday was a near perfect day! Heavenly Father has indeed blessed us this week as we have had the most glorious weather. It was 70 and sunny and you could smell the crispness in the air, see the colors on the trees and feel the crunching of leaves under your feet. A perfect day for a walk by the river with my boys! We spent over an hour walking along the river bank, skipping stones, throwing sticks, and going exploring! We sang songs, made up adventures and discovered beauty.



We found swamps, birds, pheasants, grasshoppers, snake holes and shadows! Our shadows walked with us everywhere we went, and as Casen said, we went "Shadow Dancing" through the forest! The only thing that could have made it better is if Tolan, Lindi and Trenden had been there with us. :)







I took a ton of pictures, and Casen took a couple of me and Daven :), because it was one of those days worth capturing! I hope my boys will remember that day, but even if they don't, it will live in my memory forever. Picturesque moments on a perfect fall day! Enjoy!




Tomorrow is cause for yet another great day, as Tolan and I will celebrate our 13th Anniversary! When I married Tolan I thought I knew what love was, that fun, wonderful feeling of butterflies in your stomach and hours spent simply holding hands and staring at each other. But in the last 13 years, Tolan has demonstrated such unconditional, selfless, unending love to me and our family that my definition has changed. :) He is my perfect match and a true and wonderful example of love. He has stood by me through thick and thin, through college, jobs, pregnancies (sometimes hard ones!), bedrest, tumors and tragedies.

Tolan doesn't sweat the small stuff and reminds me daily that most of life is small stuff. And when it comes to the big stuff, well, there he shines. He juggles family, work and church and is happy, positive and fun to be around. He is so dedicated to our family; he inspires me to be a better person. One of my favorite moments of us is when he crawled into bed with me at the hospital so we could truly be "together" again for the first time in ages.

Tolan is a man of honor, love, dedication, sacrifice and service. I feel so very blessed to be his partner for eternity. He is absolutely everything I never knew I needed in my life! Lucky for me, Heavenly Father did know... and the rest is history.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jodi,
I have been keeping up with your blog each day. I haven't commented for sometime, but you are such an inspiration to me. I hope when I grow up, I'll be as courageous as you have been and continue to be. You are certainly a loved and blessed daughter of God.

With Love,
Shauna Fish - California

wjmom said...

Tears of love and gratitude...