Monday, November 16, 2009

Thanksgiving: The Men in My Life

I want to do a little something different for a few days. Today marks the 10th day before Thanksgiving, so I am going to start my celebration with the "10 Days of Thanksgiving" project. Please join me by posting each day what you are grateful for on that day!

Day 1: I am thankful for the men in my life!

I feel so blessed to be surrounded by REAL men, who know how to love, care and sacrifice. Most of them don't hunt and they don't even spend hours at a time watching sports, but they are real men who make life wonderful and good.

Yesterday three of my four brothers came to visit my family. What a treat! I love that they want to spend time with me and my family! My children adore the "uncles" and we all had a fun time together. It was especially wonderful for me to watch my husband and sons with my brothers.


I love my brother, Brett! He is one of the jungle gyms at our house! I love my brother, Michael. I caught him snoozing and couldn't resist!
I love my Brother, Brandon. He is an amusement park ride for my kids!
I love my Brother, Scott (though he wasn't here yesterday). He is good to talk to.

I am so grateful for my little boys (my sons) and my big boys (husband and brothers) having good, healthy, clean fun together. What a blessing!

My brothers-in-law are also great additions to my "men" list. I love each of them for the unqiue perspectives they have on life and what I learn from them.

My sons make my life crazy. I had no idea little boys wrestled and fought so much...for fun! They have so much energy and enthusiasm for life! I love it. And I love that their dad plays with them and encourages their (good) play. He is a great father and husband.

Casen and Daven on our Shadow Dancing walk by the river. :)

Tolan is a great dad and husband!!

My eldest son and right hand man, Trenden, climbing trees and having fun.

My father and father-in-law are both amazing examples of faith and service. I learn from them everyday. When I grow up, I want to be more like them. :)
My Grandpa Ketchum and Grandpa Pringle both epitomize love and life-long caring service. They have lived, learned and loved much. They have taught me and I can feel of their love, even when we are far apart.

I am so thankful for these wonderful blessings in my life!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am so happy for you having all those strong men in your life....
i miss my dad at times. He was my teacher...and friend. I am the only child. And my mom had health problems for most of my growing up years. So i did a lot of hanging out with my dad. He had a very interesting life. Lived trhough WW2...and was picked up by the germans. PUt in a work camp, escaped...and had so many adventures.
So for sure, these are the things your boys will remember, and they will for sure feel the warmth of those memories long after we have moved on... I am just so happy for you to be able to enjoy those moments...and feel good enough to document them!

Anonymous said...

This is probably a good thing for me to participate in...I was actually thinking today how grateful for David I am. He is so great with me even when I am an emotional wreck and helps keep me grounded. So "I am grateful for the Men in my life too!"