Wednesday, November 25, 2009

. . . . . . . . . . Thanksgiving: The Gospel of Jesus Christ

With so many things to be thankful for this season, it is hard to say my final one...yet simple at the same time. My family goes without saying, they are part of #1 -#10. But in the very center of everything is my knowledge of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Thanksgiving Day #10: The Gospel of Jesus Christ

In the entirety of the world, my beliefs are shared by very few. Only about 13 million other people believe the way I do, so I consider myself to be very fortunate to have been raised in a situation that allows me to know the Truth. I know that my Savior, Jesus Christ, lives. I know that He is my elder brother, but more importantly, my Savior, who atoned for my sins. I know that through Him, I have a way to repent, come back, and hopefully return to live with Him again someday. I know that He is with us, always, if we allow Him to be. I know that He is there in our darkest moments, when no one else can make it better. Whether you are in a foxhole amidst great battle, or in the hospital dying, He is there and he can bring you peace and joy.

It is this joy that I am so grateful for. He wants us to be happy, this I know. That is why He has provided us with an eternal Plan of Happiness, that teaches us how to live, repent, and find joy. Happiness is the reason that He has allowed us the privilege of being sealed to our families in the temple, so that we can be together FOREVER, not just until death do us part. Joy is the reason we have the Bible, the Book of Mormon, and other scriptures so that we might read, learn, and be guided by Him in all that we do. For obedience to the Gospel of Jesus Christ brings us joy. What Satan tempts us with is simply temporary pleasure, not joy, there is a big difference. I feel so blessed to know of and feel of that joy so often in my life...daily when I am choosing the right.

My testimony of my Savior is not something I can adequately describe, not here or anywhere. It is more than a "belief" or "faith" or "hope", it is a knowledge that I cannot deny. I love Him and all He gives unto me, challenges and blessings alike. Though I am in no hurry to depart this world, I look forward to the day when I get to meet my Savior, and His father, again, and thank them for the many blessings which are mine.

To learn more about my beliefs, visit http://www.mormon.org/ . My love, blessings and thanks to you this wonderful Thanksgiving season.

1 comment:

carolyn said...

Aloha Jodi,

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. I am thankful for you. I have enjoyed reading your inspiring and thankful thoughts as you continue to share them. Life has certainly been in the fast track these past few weeks. It was great to enjoy a wonderful Thanksgiving with your parents, your sister Kristy, Steven,Cody, Cody's friend and family. The meal was DELICIOUS!! I am looking forward to meeting you and your family over the holidays. Hawaii is indeed paradise as you already know that...I want to share an Old Irish Blessing to start your holiday:

May Love and laughter light your days, and warm your heart and home.

May good and faithful friends be yours,wherever you may roam.

May peace and plenty bless your world with joy that long endures.

May all life's passing seasons bring the best to you and yours!

I am thankful for th gospel of Jesus Christ in my life, too.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Love,
Carolyn