Wednesday, March 31, 2010

. . . . . . . .Birthday Blessings

Yesterday I received so many phone calls, emails, Facebook messages and cardsfor my birthday. It was truly a special day. Thank you for making me feel so loved.


My husband treated me to dinner at the Bombay Grill, where I had my favorite meal on Earth, chicken tikka masala, loaded with extra veggies. I love Indian food! He also showered me with meaningful gifts, including a beautiful ring and a new set of scriptures! The last set of scritpures I received was also from Tolan,, he gave them to me as part of his proposal to me. My ring was hanging from the scripture marker ribbon and my new name was engraved on the cover. Ahh, I am so blessed to call him mine forever!


More important than then temporal gifts I received were the gifts of Healing I received from my Father in Heaven. Last week I mentioned the twitches I had in my face. Well, I didn't have any more twitches, but over the weekend I noticed increased movement in my face!


My dear friend, Brittany Hanamaikai and I went to lunch yesterday. We went somewhere so the kids could play, but we enjoyed a wonderful visit between friends. We have a special connection that started the moment we met. As we prepared to leave, she took a photo of us together. When I returned home and saw the photo on the computer, tears welled up in my (good) eye. I couldn't believe how much I have changed, how much my facial movement has improved.


For the first time in almost a year, I looked at the picture and saw myself! It is no longer half of a stranger's face staring back at me. Though I have clearly still have a ways to go in my recovery, I am looking more like "me" every day. The feeling is too much to describe. Of all the gifts I could have received, the love and healing are truly the most important.


My sweet Casen and Daven with Brittany's cute boys, Ash and Kaipo. :) A fun time together!

Me and Brittany will be friends forever. Thanks, Britt for a wonderful morning! (You can read more about our time together and see more photos at Brittany's blog: http://qbsohana.blogspot.com/2010/03/incredible-lady.html


Thank you all for blessing my life, not just on my birthday, but every day. And a special thanks to a loving Father and Savior for giving me more miracles than I deserve!

4 comments:

annie said...

Hi Friend. Happy belated birthday. It sounds like you had a wonderful day. I loved seeing all of your home projects. They look amazing. You are way too ambitious for me. ;)

britt said...

so glad we could see each other and that you had such a great day! And even more that you are feeling like YOU again, even if it is in small doses.
love ya

britt said...

ps I too think you look fantastic.

Lacey Fowler said...

Hi nice reeading your post