Tuesday, June 15, 2010

. . . . . . The Final Anniversary

Today could have been the last Saturday before Christmas, as far as my schedule was concerned. I ran from appointment to appointment and place to place all day long. In a conversation with a friend at one of my appointments, I realized that today is the one-year anniversary of when I was released from the hospital! After 35 days in the hospital, 4+ weeks of spinal fluid leaks, 3 brain surgeries and countless shots, medications, IVs and headaches, I was able to return home and let the healing begin...
My body, mind and spirit have come a long way in the last year. I am not the sick, weak, feeble person I was. I am still getting stronger each day. Though I have not come "full circle", I continue to feel blessed for my life, for the miracles that mean I am still here and for a loving Father in Heaven who allowed me to come home to my husband and children for a while longer.

A year later, I am still learning and growing, while appreciating each new day!

3 comments:

Greek Goddess said...

Congrats! You're looking great. Hope you have many more of these anniversaries!

Jeff and Andee said...

Yeah! Congrats Jodi! Seems like it was just yesterday we were welcoming you home.

It was good to see you Sunday, you looked amazing! So glad to see such progress!

Nichole Giles said...

And you look great, too. Congratulations on this fantastic anniversary.