Thursday, June 3, 2010

. . . . . . First Days of Summer

I love the first days of summer, the anticipation in the air, the relaxing of schedules, the newfound freedom for all! We started out our summer on a Memorial Day trip to Sun Valley, Idaho, with our dear friends, the Rhoads. We have been making this trip since before we had any children, and now our combined 7 kids have all become the best of friends.


We played at the park, we swam in the pools, we enjoyed games, movies, food and fun together. We had many moments of laughter and joy and for the first time in years, the adults took an evening and went out together without the children, a new freedom we have enjoyed since our eldest kids are big enough to babysit!

We are so appreciative for these times where we get to enjoy one another's company and remember how blessed we are to be a forever family!













3 comments:

wjmom said...

Jodi, your haircut is really darling! Families and friends--God's greatest blessings...

Ogden Family said...

Jodi, This is Heather Ogden... we have been in touch through blogs for the last few months. I can't believe you were in Sun Valley over Memorial Day weekend! My husband and I were there too. I am actually wondering if you were in the pool at the same time I was (Monday a.m.?) There was a big group of families in there having fun. Nate was sleeping in and so I was enjoying a nice morning swim with the light rain falling on my face! It was heaven. I would love to meet sometime if you are ever by Boise or Sun Valley again. Glad you are doing so well, keep up the hard work and lots of patience... it is worth it! Love, Heather

britt said...

looks like such a fun RELAXING time!