Friday, February 5, 2010

. . . . . . . . Old and New

Old photos. Young people...

Oh, the nostalgia of looking through old pictures! Last night I looked through photos from 1996, when Tolan and I met at the BYU Jerusalem Center in Israel. What an adventure we had! We were young, falling in love, traversing Israel, Jordan and Egypt. We were learning, growing and understanding the gospel of Jesus Christ in new and exciting ways.

The people in those pictures were so young! I look back and wonder with fondness, "What happened to all those people?".

If they were to ask the same question of me, what would be my response? Who am I now? Am I the same as the young lady in those photos? Is that zest for life still in me? More importantly, have I become the woman I wanted to be?

I think I would respond, "I am definitely a work in progress, but at least I am still working on it." :)

No comments: