Tuesday, February 23, 2010

. . . . . . . . . The Soundtrack of My Life

I was alone for a few minutes this weekend, lost in my thoughts, when all of a sudden, a song from the soundtrack of my life came on the radio. In an instant I was transported back in time, to Grantsville, 1991, dragging Main Street and hanging out at the local convenience store with friends. The moment was so real, I could hear the laughter of my friend next to me and smell the seats of the old Buick we were driving in...

Music is so powerful it indeed helps us tell, and remember, the stories of our lives. One moment I was back in Grantsville, another moment I was at a high school dance, yet a second later I was on the shores of the Sea of Galilee. And just as quickly, I was back home again, in my kitchen.

Right now, I'd have to say my song for the last year is "Lucky" by Jason M'raz and Colbie Caillat. "Lucky I'm in love with my best friend. Lucky to have been where I have been. Lucky to be coming home again..." Precisely.

There are so many songs that whisk me away from life and drop me off at a "stop" that is long ago and far away. From the moment the first notes are heard through the speakers, my whole self changes for a short time. There are new songs on the soundtrack of my life, and others that have been there forever that will get played over and over again.

What are the songs of the soundtrack of your life?

2 comments:

annie said...

This totally dates me. But anything from the group called Bread. Great making out music.

Did I just say that?

Anonymous said...

Not sure where to post this but I wanted to ask if anyone has heard of National Clicks?

Can someone help me find it?

Overheard some co-workers talking about it all week but didn't have time to ask so I thought I would post it here to see if someone could help me out.

Seems to be getting alot of buzz right now.

Thanks