Thursday, October 29, 2009

In the Lord's Time with Angels All Along

It has been a rough couple of days in my house, though the hard times are always accompanied by good experiences, great friends and ministering angels. My cousin's wife, Leah Ketchum sent me the kindest email the other day. As I reflected on that email, I looked back over the short period of time of my frustrations and thought to myself, "It will all be well in the Lord's time". I know that is so very true. Tolan reminds me of this every day. The Lord's will is being done, I am learning and growing, despite the hardships. I am often reminded of hardships faced by one of our modern-day prophets, Joseph Smith, who was promised that his trials and afflictions (though difficult and drawn out) would be but a short moment, and if he endured them well, he would be exalted in the hereafter. So the Lord helps us learn from our experiences, then blesses us for trudging through. A promise doesn't get better than that, does it?

This morning I saw on the news that Elizabeth Smart, now 7 years after her kidnapping. She talked about her trials and how she knew there were angels with her everyday. She said you need to push on, despite your struggles, and not let them hold you back. Well said, Ms. Smart.

So, with many many wonderful angels still around me (Els, Tamron, Andee, Belinda, Amber, Mom, Dad, Tolan...) I will keep going, this day and always. Thank you all for your kind comments and emails. You inspire me, especially on the tough days!

On a personal note, a very Happy Birthday to my wonderful sister, Tami. She is so amazing to me and I love her dearly. She has been, and continues to be a huge support and a wonderful friend. God truly made us sisters for a reason. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

one! ha ha....
as in i am the first one to make a comment...yip i live a simple life...
EIgther way.. keep your eye on the prize. May be so far out of reach but it is the only way to do it. The minute you look down you'll trip. Even in my relatively normal life it's so easy to look away from that goal. The knowing that you did your best. And hung in there...
Just tie that proverbial knot girl friend. And remember a lot of people "have your back". And certainly are "rooting" for you and your lovely family. Truly!I am so sure that with health problems that are going on for so long it's discouraging at times. But know we care. And are there for you. Really there for you. Love you my friend!