Monday, June 15, 2009

Day 34 - Released from the Hospital - Home Again! Home Again!

A sign made for Jodi by neighbors and friends when she left for the hospital on May 13. She was so sick that morning she didn't get to read it. She read it today when she arrived back home. She had tears in her eyes as she thought about the wonderful people who were reaching out to her from the very beginning.

********************************************************************************

It's really true! After "only" 34 days, three surgeries, hundreds of doses of morphine, valium, Loritab, etc., hundreds of "pokes" for blood samples, shots and IV's, untold setbacks and complications, countless ups and downs, all combined with thousands of prayers, thousands more "well wishes", and fasting and faith that reached to heaven, Jodi was released from the University of Utah Hospital at 1:00 p.m. today and was welcomed home by neighbors, friends, and family...all of whom have been angels throughout this ordeal! You should have seen the road leading up to Jodi and Tolan's home. It was lined with signs, balloons, yellow ribbons and people extending the warmest of warm welcomes! It just couldn't have been better!

Enjoy some of the pictures from today's journey below and stay tuned for the rest of the story!

The hospital room "board" that gave the estimated date of discharge. This date was changed every day until today, because they were always wrong!

Nurse Kristy taking out the last of the IV's this morning. She was one of the choice nurses who took such good care of Jodi.

Stanley helped keep Jodi's room clean and brightened the day with some of his stories.

Jodi going to take her final shower in the hospital and looking forward to changing from her hospital gown to her own clothes. Sorry, I didn't get the "after" picture with her coming out. I drove to Jodi and Tolan's home to prepare for the "Welcome Home!" That means I didn't get a picture of her coming out of the hospital either. Sorry!

One of the many signs that decorated the house, yard and street!

Another one of the signs waiting for Jodi.

The yard, the house, and the streets were filled with balloons, signs, ribbons and people by the time the preparations were completed.

Kevin and Scott, two "Living Scriptures" salesmen who were just walking by. They asked if they could help with anything. Sherri said, "Can you blow up some balloons?" They came in and blew up 40 balloons. Pretty kind of them for sure! Sherri did give them some lemonade in return for their efforts.

Some of the "Welcome Home" crowd.


Jodi being greeted home by a few of the many!

Hugs and kisses!

A warm hug for and from Cindy Taylor!

A special greeting from Cami Hall.

Another hug...this one from Andee Sanders.

Trenden and Lindi with cousin Trent and a few of the balloons that had been a part of the welcome home.

Kim Schneider's tight hug.

The hugs keep on coming. This one from Belinda Jackson. Thanks, Belinda and everyone for all the balloons, ribbons and signs along the street, too!

Treats from the Jackson kids that spelled out "Get Well Soon".

Visiting in the decorated living room.

Some of the cards, flowers, and pictures given to Jodi while she was in the hospital.


Jodi with Daven and Lindi in their own home.

Daven trying on Mommy's eye patch.




Jodi, Tami, and Sherri enjoying the out of doors.

Jodi and Tolan asleep on the living room couch...so much more comfortable than anything at the hospital.

30 comments:

Carol Liptrot said...

What a wonderful answer to prayers! I am so happy for you and for your family. Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy! Hope to talk to you soon, but I will be thinking about you. Love you!
Carol Liptrot

Carolyn said...

Jodi,
We are very,very happy you are home again.What a wonderful welcoming home you had today. Enjoy being home and with your family. We continue our road trip to Colorado on Tuesday. The road to Hawaii is getting closer....we'll keep you posted and always in our prayers.

Lots of love & hugs,

Carolyn, David, Andrew, Chelsea & Savannah

Anonymous said...

Glad to see it finally happened!! Wish we could have been there. We love you and are so happy for you.

Love,
The Rhoads

Anonymous said...

Dear Jodi: I sit here in awe of how wonderous this day, for all of us, has been to see you home again! Your Father and Mother!! Your Sis Tami, your wonderful husband, Tolan. Your amazing children! WOW!!! My eyes fill with tears everytime I think about my conversation with your Father today. His heartfelt thanks to us all, so sincere in his love for you! Your Mom's hug for me today was.....wow, I can't even find the right words to express how much love exudes from your parents! Even to those of us whom they met for the first time today. May blessings continue to sustain you through your "mending" here at home. And as Tye Pennington would say: "Welcome home Jody! Welcome Home!!!! Much Love to you Girlfriend!!!! Cindy Taylor

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Jodi! So glad you're back in your home! Keep getting better! Love you lots!

Amy barclay

Shane's Angie said...

Hooray, Hooray, Hooray! I'm so very happy for you! May the road back to good health be quick and filled with all those wonderful family and friends!

Rose Bell said...

Jodi,

You look beatuiful in all of the "coming home" pictures posted today. I would have done anything to be with you today, but my hug will have to wait until I get home from New York on Friday.

You are an amazing example of faith. Your eduring strength during this experience has touched so many people. I will be forever grateful for yours and your family's sacrifice. It has made me better. Thank you for allowing all of us to be better because of you.

The Christians, the Baptists and the Mormon who have all been praying for you will be praising God tonight. You have brought us together in a unified resolve to petition the Father for the healing power of His Son. Your undaunting resolve to live gracefully through whatever was required, helped us all focus on what really matters.

You are my hero.

Rose

Kara said...

Yay!!! That is so exciting, I hope that you have a speedy recovery! I am so glad you are home with your sweet kids:)

Belinda said...

Welcome home!!!
The cupcakes are actually a gift from the Amundsens. They wanted to be there to greet you, as did sooo many! Annette Hall was sooo disappointed that she was out of town, Cathy Peterson too. But they are glad that you are home again.

Love from us all xoxoxoxox

Anonymous said...

We just looked through the pictures and homecoming. So grateful for your family, friends, neighbors and all who shower you with love. Would love to have been with you today to witness the miracle of today. I was with you last Monday and today is truly a miracle! How grateful I am to Heavenly Father for you and the reuniting of your precious family! Witnessing and knowing of the watchcare of your parents has been a blessing for me. Also, the tender love and care of Tolan for you...heaven on earth. Prayers and checking this blog will continue.

Love to YOU!

XO
Leslie M.

SorensensInWashington said...

Hooray! I am so excited that you are finally home. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

britt said...

I too am soo glad you are home and so very sad I didn't know about all this happening today. I would have LOVED to have been there! I will talk to you tomorrow. I want to come see you at YOUR home :)

Tami Searle said...

Hooray!!!! Glad you are really home surrounded by your family and friends. Now, good luck with the rest of your recovery!! Love, Tami

Diane said...

Yay, Jodi! We'll keep sending the prayers heavenward for your continued recovery. I'm so thrilled that you're home. Love you!

Julie Johnson said...

YEAH!! I am so happy for you and your family. I hope you will sleep better now that you are in your own bed! We will continue to pray for your recovery. Enjoy being with your family at home again!

Love,

Julie

Kathryn Bassett said...

I've been following every day and so happy to see you finally got to go home.

Anonymous said...

you'll have such peacefull night! No prodding, and noises to keep you awake... So very happy for all of you!

Karen Liu said...

Jodi,
Hooray!!!! I am so happy you are home, safe and sound, with your children, in your own bed. You have been so brave and courageous, and now you can rest and continue to heal in the warmth and comfort of your own home, with your dear loved ones. I am so happy, my friend! See you soon! Liu

Nichole Giles said...

Yahoo! I'm so happy for all of you. Even though you still have a long road ahead, at least you can truly say the worst is behind you now.

Happy day.

Nicki

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Lord. Thank you.

What a Utah-unique welcome home for you, Jodi. Nobody does it better than the neighborhoods of Utah for preparing such a wonderful homecoming. I can say that because I am not in Utah!

Prayers continue, Jodi and Tolan, for more and more happy and healthy days together with the kids.

Cathleen Sparrow said...

woohoo! Take it easy - don't overdo anything - continue on the road to good health. So happy for you! Cathleen

Brandi said...

Jodi, I'm so happy that you're home again. I know you'll enjoy every minute of it. It will be wonderful being home together as a family again. I'm sure your kids are so grateful to have their sweet mommy home again.

I love all the pictures. Isn't it amazing that the only sunny day in about two weeks happened to be on the day you came home? I don't think that's a coincidence. You are such an amazing person and have endured so much. You and your family deserve all the happiness in the world. Enjoy every minute of it!

I'll call you soon and find out when you'd be up for a visit. I can't wait to see you!

Love,
Brandi

Anonymous said...

Jodi, I don't know if you'll remember me but we used to work at McKay Dee together about 11 years ago. I was in the CHIC with Cara and Heather.

I just found out about your news and read through your blog. I want you to know that I will be adding my prayers to the many that are going up for you.

I wish for the best for you and your family.

With love, Lindsy Jorgensen

Greek Goddess said...

Congratulations, Jodi! Everyone following your story has been waiting and hoping for this day. I'm so happy for you. You've been so brave and optimistic. You and your family are such a good example to all of us. May you heal well and enjoy everything life has to offer.
Many blessings upon you,
Dorothea

Angie said...

We are so happy for you. We have checked your blog on a daily basis and have been praying for you continually! I'm so happy our prayers have been answered. I know there will continue to be struggles during your recovery and I just wanted you to know you will continue to be in our prayers! We love you!

cathy said...

What a wonderful day for you. I wish I could've been there to celebrate with you. I will call you on Sunday when I return home. Have a great week and keep getting better. Cathy

Anonymous said...

Okay Jodi, I am here at work reading the blog and looking at all the pictures and I am crying. I am so so happy that you are home with your family. You look great!!! I wish that I could reach into the pictures and just give you a hug. Tell your Mom Hi. I love you all. Sue Davis

Anonymous said...

I just wept when I saw this post and the pictures that accompanied it. Many, many prayers have been answered. The final photo of you and your sweetheart asleep on your own sofa really told it all. Our prayers will continue for you and your family but I know that next to prayer, home will be your best medicine!
With love,
The Fishes

Anonymous said...

Jodi,
I am so happy for you. I wish I could have been there to see you. I had a dentist appt for some of the kids. We were hoping we would be back in time. I am glad some of the kids could be there. They brought our love with them. You are truly an inspiration to all the young women. I hope the rest of your recovery goes better for you. WE love you and will continue to pray for you. When you are up to it we would love to come and see you.
Robert and Shalyce Weeks and clan.

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a home coming. How blessed you are to be loved by so many. I am so happy for you.
Sheree