Saturday, June 20, 2009

Who is the Blogmaster anyway??

It seems it was much easier for blogs to get posted when Tolan and my dad, Von, had quiet, unending hours in the hospital than now, when the rigors of daily life have resumed. While we all much prefer the environment at home it is harder to find the time to make updates on Jodi's status. So, today, I (Jodi) am doing my own status update. :) It is one of the few things I can actually do on my own, so here goes.

Life at home is far superior to life in the hospital. The environment is better, the food is waaaay better, and I am surrounded by people I love all the time. However, some things are difficult, too. I am able to do far less than I pictured when I imagined "being home" in my head. I am not walking very well (because I am still very weak and my depth perception is way off because of my eye) and I have very little energy. I still sleep for about 9-10 hours a night and 2-4 hours in the day. Tolan commented today that my schedule is much like little Daven's, only I sleep more in the day! :) I can sit at the computer for a few minutes at a time, so I am attempting to catch up on everything that has been going on and on all the emails I received while I was in the hospital. Thanks again to all who have been so supportive. Truly, I could not have made it this far without your support.

We are still on schedule for the next surgery on Wednesday for my eye. I am optimistic about the prospect of being able to close my eye again. That will be wonderful. I am more realistic about the surgery itself and I realize the recovery will likely be more than the doctor indicates. (I don't think most doctors have ever had their procedures done on themselves!!) I am going to talk to my friend Jodi Carlson soon to find out what it is really like, since she has already had this procedure done.

That is it for today. Thanks again for the visits, calls, cards, etc. Sorry if I am sleeping when you happen to drop by, which reminds me, time for another nap. :) Love to all. Jodi

13 comments:

Diane said...

Jodi, so great to hear from you, yourself! Try to take it easy. I guess you have to do that much more than you would like, huh? You have so many people following your progress. We love you and are hoping and praying for you always. Love, Diane :)

wjmom said...

Looking forward to hearing about your surgery. You continue in my prayers constantly--along with your loving family. Thank you, thank you for the update!

Nichole Giles said...

Wow, well hey, you're functioning well enough to update the blog by yourself--that's pretty good progress, I'd say.

And I had to laugh when you said you don't think these doctors have ever had the same procedures done on themselves. I totally agree!

But I think this is something you treat like having a baby. It takes a baby nine months to grow inside you, so you have to allow your body nine-months to a year to get back to normal. We don't know how long that tumor was growing, but let's assume nine months to a year--give or take a few months. It'll be a while, but you will get there.

Quote of the day:
“If God sends us on strong paths, we are provided strong shoes.” ~Corrie TenBoom

Anonymous said...

Jody: SO GOOD to hear from YOU!!! Yes, I agree that the doctors "profess" to know "all the setbacks, side effects, etc........" and we sit and shake our heads "yes" as they tell us all about them!!! he he..........I guess that because they have done these procedures on others and have "seen" the "side effects" it makes them "in the know" Oh well, we can only hope for the best, and God knows that you deserve as few "side effects" as possible! Jodi, you are my hero and I am so glad that you are back home!!! I will come to visit you soon! Much Love! Cindy Taylor

Karen said...

Jodi, it was SO great to see a blog post from YOU! That is real progress! I was so worried about you going home....because I just couldn't see how you would 'take it easy'. You are a go-er, and I was worried you'd do to much. Hopefully you have people close by, 'reminding' you...that you don't have to be Wonder Woman...just yet anyway! ;) I am just SO glad you are home and with your kids! You will remain in my thoughts, and I hope you continue to amaze us all!! XOXO, Karen

Karen Liu said...

Jodi,
I am so glad you are home with your children! I hope and pray your surgery goes well and that your recovery will be quick. You have been so resilient and brave through this trial. I know the Lord will bless you with continued strength and courage to overcome this. And now you will be surrounded by the sweet hugs of your loved ones. Liu

Anonymous said...

Jodi, your voice is back! Even though I've never met you or heard your voice, I recognize it. Your post this morning shows strength and optimism. You are protected and you know it in your heart. We celebrate your life!

Belinda said...

Jodi,

It's great to hear you! We are sooo glad you are home and doing better! We all want to visit - but do not want to be in the way - do not hesitate to call - whatever you need!
We love you and wish yo u more than the best with your eye surgery!!
Love always, Belinda x

Anonymous said...

If given the opportunity to enter a time machine, would you? Would you go forward into the future or backwards into the past? What would the repercussions be? How would it change us? What would you change? Do you think that if we changed some of our most challenging moments that it would make us better people, or worse? I think that since I do not know how each step along my path affects who I am in the future or which steps I took in the past that brought me to this point in my life, I would have to say that I would not enter into the time machine. I don't think I could direct my life as well as the Lord has, so I will stick with His plan, rely on His strength, and follow His path. I will have faith in who He is developing inside of me.

Carol Liptrot said...

Great to hear you on the Blog! You sound great! I have heard of this surgery for your eye before with great results. I'm sure you will be happy with it. I'm glad you are doing so well. I know it is hard to be patient, but it also sounds like you are moving in the right direction. The rest and sleep will help your body heal. You have really been through it, so there you can't expect healing to come too fast. I'm sure you are enjoying the hugs and loves from your family on demand instead of having to wait for hospital visits from them. They are so lucky to have you for their Mom. Continue the great progess. I will be checking on you often. I went to the temple Friday night and put your name on the prayer roll. I know you are greatly blest, but a little extra once in a while never hurts! I love you Jodi. I hope to talk to you soon. Love, Carol Liptrot

=Molly= said...

I'm glad that you are back home! sorry I haven't commented for a while! I had to catch up!
love you!

Tami Searle said...

Jodi,
So happy to hear from YOU!! Glad things are getting better each day. I hope you have a speedy recovery! But, take it easy. Try not to do too much too fast!! Take care of yourself and may God continue to bless you!

Love,
Tami

Team Judi said...

Jodi, it is such a blessing to hear that you have gotten to go home and are getting some rest.
I'm continuing to keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I am looking forward to the day when we get to bring my mother home, and she can take over updating her blog too! :)